Millie-Annie

I have a piglet

I posted the other day about the loss of my Maurice Pig. Meggie, his partner was staring to refuse to eat, so I needed to get her a friend. I couldn't get a neutered boar ready to go, so the pet shop, with an expert guinea pig owner, suggested a baby girl. This afternoon Meggie and I went to choose one.

I picked two and we put them in a box and then her in with them. I had a favourite, but typically Meg didn't like her, she kept pushing her away. So she chose the sister and we now have Matilda piglet.

My lovely gentle Meg became a bit of a bossy mare when we got home and kept chasing poor little Matilda, but I have just been to check and they are both in the igloo. That is a relief as earlier she wouldn't let her in the sleeping compartment, never mind the igloo, little monkey.

Hopefully they will be friends soon

Aww congrats on your new little mini pig. :D hope you post a picture of them together.

So glad you managed to find a new friend for her, she will be much happier with some company. The chasing is quite normal and should settle down in a couple of days at most. Its just the sorting out of the whos boss. Just keep an eye on things though but almost 100% sure will be fine. The baby will automatically be under-piggie and Meggie is just telling her so.

Its always a bittersweet thing when you bring a new pig home after the loss of another and hope Matilda will bring some joy into your lives at this sad time.

Do let us know how they get along and as said would love to see piccies. :D:D . Piggies are my most fav or all the small furries.

I know what you mean, it is lovely having a baby, but the reason behind it, e.g. the loss of Maurice is still so sad.

The chasing is odd. She chases her, but if she catches her she just lays her head on her. Not at all sure what that means. I am not sure how to post photos on here. If someone can give me instructions, I would love to post some piccies