quickcluck Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 (edited) Have just ordered a new phone, and am feeing a tad nervous Don't usually do techy phones, I have an I Touch, so didn't want an iphone, so thought this was a good alternative! Although I dont use mobile internet loads, I really wanted good access for when I do use it.... Soooooooooooo positive thoughts please.... Edited November 4, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 I have the HTC Wildfire ... smaller version. Love it! You'll be fine with it, take a couple of days getting used to be then its really easy after that! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 I have an HTC Desire,not the new one,but I have only had it a couple of months I am typing this on it while in bed in fact. Brilliant phone.......I can only assume the new version is even better! I am very jealous. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 2, 2010 Author Share Posted November 2, 2010 Thanks for that! Do you get apps for it like the iphone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 Yep,there are heaps of them. And as it works with Google,it links up the calendar and shopping lists to your computer. Sooooo much better than an iPhone,IMHO Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 2, 2010 Author Share Posted November 2, 2010 Brill! I might be nagging you for instructions when it gets here! Do you access them from the phone? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jennifer Jane Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 I have just got a wildfire and don't know how I got by without it. I have a shortcut to this forum on my home screen and get automatic email notifications - I love it! My friend has a desire and thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. You dont have to be a technical wizard to use them either. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 2, 2010 Share Posted November 2, 2010 Do you access them from the phone? Theres the Market which you just go into (from your phone) and can download apps A lot of them are free too - I haven't paid for one yet Makes things like Twitter and Facebook really easy to update too I've sync'd up my Google calendar which is really useful but not emails yet. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
patsylabrador Posted November 3, 2010 Share Posted November 3, 2010 I also have an HTC desire and also love it. I was a bit daft when I first got it as I couldn't see the screen outside in the sun which was annoying. It took me a while to realise that you can go to settings and adjust the brightness. You can download all kinds of crazy backgrounds and soundboards from the app market. I had a Halloween thing going on with games as well, lots of fun. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 3, 2010 Author Share Posted November 3, 2010 ok.............. so what's everybodies favorite apps??? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 3, 2010 Share Posted November 3, 2010 interesting, I am due an upgrade soon. I currently have a blackberry as I need it to read and send a lot of emails. What is it like for emails? Anyone swapped to one from a blackberry? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 3, 2010 Share Posted November 3, 2010 Hubby went from a Blackberry to an HTC Magic, and is upgrading to a Desire this week........both my girls have our old Magics,and love them. Best,most used apps for me are: Google maps and navigator,which comes already installed OI shopping lists...I never write a shopping list any more Google calendar Planefinder Facebook Angry birds Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 3, 2010 Author Share Posted November 3, 2010 Hmmm might do a fave apps thread.... what do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 3, 2010 Share Posted November 3, 2010 I think it may get confusing - there was already one a week or so ago for the iphone. Lets keep them here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 3, 2010 Author Share Posted November 3, 2010 I missed that! Good thinking tho..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 3, 2010 Share Posted November 3, 2010 Twitter gets used all the time - can just sit at the bus stop, tweet + see what people are up too. Probably too much Facebook is handy too. Calendar get used a lot - you can set it to give you reminders that pop up. Like but don't use all the time: Google Goggles (take a photo of something and it'll try + tell you what it is!) Google Sky Map One down side is the battery! 'Cos it does so much I have to charge it every night, whereas old phone could last a couple of days - have set the brightness to lowest and turned off always-on mobile data, which does help quite a bit Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 4, 2010 Author Share Posted November 4, 2010 It's here and huge!!!! Having a mini freak out people....... bigger than my itouch and a heavy........ what to do? what to do? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted November 4, 2010 Share Posted November 4, 2010 Give it to me? Have a play around with it, download some apps etc, im sure you will like it ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 4, 2010 Share Posted November 4, 2010 I could swap it for my HTC Desire NON HD if you like ....thats a bit smaller Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 4, 2010 Author Share Posted November 4, 2010 lol haven't even charged it yet - am in major shock Maybe I'll have to purchase a larger handbag for it to go in Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted November 4, 2010 Share Posted November 4, 2010 Sounds like a plan Make sure you leave the first charge for a long time, I did mine overnight Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
quickcluck Posted November 4, 2010 Author Share Posted November 4, 2010 its working already Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...