sage Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Thinking of getting a head torch, by the time I get in from work the girls are in bed and I’m struggling to hold a torch and sort out feeders/water and poo pick. Any recommendations? Sage Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petzl-Headlamp-TIKKINA-%C2%B2-pink/dp/B0027H2GAQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288964212&sr=1-1 I got one of these for my 44th Birthday last year...and I am thrilled with it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LauraJ Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 I have the same Petzl headtorch and it is perfect, although I do get a few hens scowling at me when I do a head count! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 I always have mine on the dimmest of the two settings as I read that bright lights can freak hens out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 I have a wind-up one from Millets - cost a few quid. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jennydavies Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 What about B&Q ? we got ours over here from our local B&Q type DIY shop. I would imagine they will stock head torches. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
debsygooch Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Hi, Screwfix do them approx £22 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Love the colour. Snoxy never noticed your avatar move before Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Clairey_Fairy Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Can't get better than a petzl! Blacks have a good range. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Love the colour. Snoxy never noticed your avatar move before Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heidi-Hi Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 I must be doing something wrong then, because I borrowed hubbies Petzl or whatever you call it, and I didn't get on with it at all! I just couldn't see anything in front of me, the light was so bright it was just a white haze. Mmm, maybe I should try it again... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snoxy Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Is it the adjustable one that moves up and down? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
wallacekingsley Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 Hi Have a look at the Alpkit Gamma - £12.50 including delivery (usually next day). http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16345&category_id=25 Cant get the link thing to work. has the added bonus of a green and red LED - shouldnt startle the chucks. I use mine for mountain biking and its water resistant. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 and it'll match your jim jams Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
thelurch Posted November 5, 2010 Share Posted November 5, 2010 I got a couple from wilkinsons when they reduced their summer camping range to 75% off, they ended up being a pound each, they are adjustable up and down, have a button on the side which turns it on and consecutive presses make it brighter ( 3 settings ) it's led so the 2 AA batteries last ages. Wouldn't last 5 minutes pot holing or climbing a mountain but going up and down to the chickens in the darkness carrying drinkers etc. Invaluable in my opinion Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LeeMeadfan Posted November 8, 2010 Share Posted November 8, 2010 I got one a few weeks ago at tesco for - I think it was £2? think it only has one setting but works for me! Don't know if still have them any where as I know they have stock of stuff for 'limited' times. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...