Lesley Posted November 16, 2010 Share Posted November 16, 2010 I have glass jars to paint as candle votives and need some glass paints - can anyone recommend some that aren't too expensive but which will give good results? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted November 16, 2010 Share Posted November 16, 2010 I bought Plaid gallery paints and have found them to be very good. I buy a job lot from a seller on Ebay and have had good results. Here's a link to the seller on Ebay from whom I bought them http://shop.ebay.co.uk/flagsntags/m.html?_nkw=glass&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 16, 2010 Author Share Posted November 16, 2010 Thanks Omletina! - I knew this would be the place to ask Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ygerna Posted November 16, 2010 Share Posted November 16, 2010 ooh, that reminds me, I've got a box of glass paints somewhere, waiting for me to try.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 16, 2010 Author Share Posted November 16, 2010 I've ordered a few bits and pieces now...... and had to leave ebay, my inexpensive Christmas presents to be were in danger of becoming very expensive Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted November 18, 2010 Share Posted November 18, 2010 I use the pebeo ones, I think you can get sets of them now which come up slightly cheaper. If you know the types of patterns and colours you want then you can just buy the ones you need. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 20, 2010 Author Share Posted November 20, 2010 Thanks Liz - I ordered the others and they arrived yesterday - I'll give them a go tomorrow. The Pebeo ones I saw were all in large sets for about £40! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted November 22, 2010 Share Posted November 22, 2010 I use Marabu and Pebeo ones, I find the Marabu ones better, and solvent based are definitely better than water based. I also use the Marabu outliner paste. I bought all mine from a site called Artifolk, you can buy individual pots or sets. Lots and lots of arty crafty goodies on this site. I did painted glass jars for pressies last year, there's photos of them on the glass painting page of my blog, if you need any ideas Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 22, 2010 Author Share Posted November 22, 2010 I knew someone had made some - I'll have a look, thanks. I was going to ask about outliner but you've answered that for me as well Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted November 22, 2010 Author Share Posted November 22, 2010 Lovely work Purpletree - I love the tall green vase! Hope the sale goes well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted November 23, 2010 Share Posted November 23, 2010 Thanks, I haven't got round to updating my blog this week I sold 10 of the 15 pieces, so not too bad My friend's trying to sell the remaining 5 on her stall at a local craft Market. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted November 24, 2010 Share Posted November 24, 2010 Your glass painting is fantastic Im going to try some tea light holders but dont hold out a great deal of hope to be anywhere near as good as yours. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...