Dizzy-Deb

So not happy with WIR roof. Everything soaked.

To say am not pleased is an understatement... the WIR roof just isnt working out. :evil:

Its got corroline sheets on, and they have been taken off once already due to sagging, and not being at a steep enough angle... so hubby had to strip off and redo.

Been out today and the inside of the run is soaked everywhere, the thawing snow/rain has come in. I can see bowing again. :twisted::twisted::twisted: and the water is dripping in the sides of it. I really wished hadnt bother with that roofing stuff.

So darned annoyed with it and my hubby because its his fault. (of course) :lol::lol:

Chickens food is all ruined as its got soaked. Arrrrrrgh.

Its got to come off and something else used. Thinking of when weather better to strip it off, wood it over and felt it. At least will be waterrpoof then.

For the moment though I need a quick fix and am thinking of a large tarp over the roof and secured to the sides.

Has anyone else done this ?? and has it worked out ok.

Oh, how annoying :( . I use corrugated plastic but I'm assuming the basics are the same. The only leaking I get is where the plastic sheets meet the garage roof and water drips down onto the board that runs along the wall (I plan to put sealant down when the weather improves).

If you look at my WIR in my signature there are some photos of the roof - might help you see the angle/supports etc? (I think I might have put an extra baton in since those were taken.)

How disappointing for you. :(

I swept the snow off daily, that might have helped you. Snows pretty heavy but I had no problems except a bit of condensation due to me leaving the tarpaulins up with all the easterly winds. Think Redwing is right about adding some more supports.

I have some water between the overlaps and thank goodness it hasn't cracked.

Dizzy-Deb a tarpaulin will work for the rain but snow is going bring it down. What about putting some posts from the ground up to support the roof and leaving the corroline in place :?

We got our run from Bay and the panels had joins front to back and side to side and could see it was dipping without any weight on it. We bought some long wood so we had complete pieces from front to back but others solved the problem by putting the uprights in.

I got one lot of soggy food in the week on a side next to the trees but ok after I moved it to a protected side.

Good luck.

I have an onduline roof - we have the odd drip, but nothing major. I'd say get some of the cheap corrugated plastic sheets from Wickes and try those out. They're really not terribly expensive, and might sag less, being lightweight. If corroline is like onduline, it's pretty absorbent and heavy, so plastic might be better.