Laura007

cake

you may have guessed that i am a bit of a cake person, well i was just curious what your fave cake is.

i would love to try sacher torte, but it would have to be in the sacher hotel, salzberg.

but my fave is.......................errrrrr.................hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........to many to choose from!!

Coffee walnut cake like my Grandma used to make.

I'll go with that one Kate - I LURV cake, but nothing too sweet and sickly. However I do like a chocolate cake recipe I have, which uses evap milk - it's so moist.

The National Herb Centre near Banbury (where we are meeting Lesley, Clare* and possibly Buffie on 8 Oct) does fab homemade cakes including geranium cake - to die for! :wink: You'll have to come over and meet us there sometime.

I'm not really a cake person, in the right mood something sticky & squishy can go down a treat, my Mum used to have a recipe for a sunken chocolate coffee cake which was fabulous. Haven't tried it for years, wonder if she's still got the recipe :?

On the rare occasion that I have cake I like a good, plain scone with strawberry jam & oodles of thick cream, and a nice hot, strong cup of tea :)

White chocolate cheesecake :D

No.... :?

Chocolate fudge cake... :D

No..... :?

Carrot cake...... :D

No...... :?

Fruit cake (with cheese!) :D

No........ :?

Jam donuts warm from the bakers........... :D

No............... :?

Cherry bakewell tart......... :D .

No............ :?

Custard tart............ :D

No............... :?

Coffee and walnut cake........... :D

No............. :?

A greek pastry called something like Kadafi :D

no............ :?

Lemon cake with lemon curd............ :D

No.......... :?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Its TOO hard to choose............

My head's going to explode with the choice. :?:?:?:?

I need to go an lie down in a dark quiet room............ :oops::wink:

Kate A

There's a great recipe for sunken chocolate cake by Rick Stein. I had it in his cafe in Padstow a few years ago and hunted the internet for the recipe. I ended up borrowing one of his books form the library and photocopying the recipe!

It is DIVINE! :D

Must be the same one that your mum made.

I do a similar thing called Fallen Chocolate Cake and it's mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thanks for that Clare, I must have a look out for some of Rick Steins books when I'm next in the library & try to find it.

Or do you, by any chance have a copy still to hand that you could post in the recipe sticky? After saying I don't eat cake very often I've suddenly got that cake in my head ........ and I want to eat it..........now :roll:

After the comment that the Omlet guys like cake, should I take some with me when I go to the South of England show :? With any luck we'll be too busy to eat cake, telling lots of lovely people about how wonderful eglus are :)