Lesley

First Frost!

What a beautiful, beautiful morning :D Cold, crisp and sunny. I love this time of year.

We've still got veggies and fruit in the garden so I will have to see what we can harvest today. The chickens all hopped up on the eglu run to preen - obviously too cold to stand on the floor :lol:

I've been watching Hurricane Rita live and it just seems so incongruous to look outside and see this glorious weather.

Isn't it gorgeous this morning? :P

No frost here either,but pretty chilly at around 7am, but lovely sunny & warm now.

Just as well - my youngest came back from a weeks activity in cornwall with the school & I have a ton of drying to do!

Honestly,you have never seen clothes as filthy as the ones she bought back. I swear she must have been rolling around on the beach in them :?

Sat up around a campfire until 01.30hrs - I ran out of beer - Debs left a box of wine by me and I tapped that off and drank virtually the whole lot. Thought I was going to throw! :oops: NIGHTMARE!

Anyway, when I staggered to the tent Debs had got all of the blanket and the Winter sleeping bag. I had a Summer sleeping bag and nothing else... :(

Serves you right for being a dirty stop out. :twisted:

No sympathy will be forthcoming - except for Debs who had to share a tent with you :wink:

I was awoken at around 05.30hrs by a squadren of low-flying Canada Geese

D'you know what Dan, I can't believe this came up in your post.

I have been having an ongoing debate about Canada Geece with my friend. He reckons the Geece that fly over head and make that squawking racket are Canadian Geece, and I keep insisting the offical name is Canada Geece....I'm going to print this off and claim my money. Thank you!

We've had a glorious day down her in Kent, warm, sunny, one fierce but brief rain shower late afternnon, pretty lovely all in all. But I can't comment about frost- I didn't lift my head off the pillow until about 09:30 :oops::oops::oops:

I'm usually up much earlier than that but I had a very busy day yesterday (first day of my bricklaying course, me & 19 men :shock: - but I managed to build my first ever wall :wink: , then shopping, constructing self-assembly furniture and an evening out ) and I think it all caught up with me.................. so I ended up catching a few extra, much needed zzzzz's :)

That's why I'm doing it Gina. I want a wall, and hubby's not at all practical at DIY type things, so I asked a builder for a quote, for a very little wall just to edge my patio. No way was I willing to pay the ridiculous sum he quoted, so I got on my high horse and decided that I was going to do it. Hubby and all my pals think I'm mad, I definately don't fit the regular stereotype of builders (can't bear sweet tea for starters), but I had a great time yesterday, once I got over my nerves, the men were great to me, and I'm going to build that wall if it kills me :wink: .

Not yet convinced that I'll ever be good enough to put myself out to hire though :roll: