Janty

Frizzle cochins

I know someone who does Frizzles but we are rather far away from you, in Oxfordshire.

By the way is a Frizzle always a frizzled something (Cochin, Poland etc.)? I have a Frizzle Poland but I thought I also had a Frizzle Frizzle. She is quite small so now I'm wondering if she is a Frizzle Pekin but she doesn't make noises like the Pekins I used to have and doesn't have the typical Pekin bustle.

You can get frizzle versions of a lot of breeds, but a Frizzle is also a breed in it's own right. They come in large fowl and bantam. Does your girl have feathered feet? True Frizzles are bare legged :)

Ooh, Janty! You're going for a super-sized pekin! :lol: I don't know any breeders I'm afraid, but Bluelaced might be worth an enquiry or two :wink:

Yes, I am the person who does the Omlet chicken courses in Oulton.

:D

Fritton Poultry is great. Charley has some lovely girls. I have a gold partridge pekin and three Orps that I got from her before Christmas. The Orps are gold laced, splash & jubilee.

Ooh, Janty! You're going for a super-sized pekin! :lol: I don't know any breeders I'm afraid, but Bluelaced might be worth an enquiry or two :wink:

You are a very bad person :wink: . I've been googling and have found gold laced and silver laced cochins. Drool!

You can get frizzle versions of a lot of breeds, but a Frizzle is also a breed in it's own right. They come in large fowl and bantam. Does your girl have feathered feet? True Frizzles are bare legged :)

Yes my little Daisy does have bare legs.

Janty, I got Daisy from near Henley so, if you are prepared to drive to Oxford to get a chook perhaps this person could help you. I can give you her phone number if you want to PM me, but I think she may only have the bantam true Frizzles. Is there not a Frizzle club who could help you?