migsy

Anyone got a gecko?

I have had reptiles for 10 yrs now and just love them.

My gekko live in a glass vivarium with a heat pad underneath the bottom of the viv, floor material is calci sand...which lasts about 3 mths. He has a hide where he sleeps, a water dish and a piece of bleached branch to climb on...not all gekkos climb mine does at times.

He eats every other day and likes crickets, locusts, pre dunked in calcium and vitamin powder.

He is nocturnal but never grumbles at being handled what ever the time.

He sheds his skin every few weeks so needs checking to make sure no old skin has got stuck mostly on face tail and feet..glycerine or some water will help to remove any remnants.

Thats my gekko.

My grandson of 11 has 2 gekkos and has had them over two yrs now and looks after them really well.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the advice. If he gets one I want him to be able to look after it himself. It seems easy enough though. I've decided that if looks after his own room by keeping it tidy every day for the next 2 months until his birthday, then he can have a gecko. I would much rather he wanted a bike or something more useful!