Charlottechicken Posted May 18, 2011 Author Share Posted May 18, 2011 I like unusual clothes. I found a lovely short haired psychadelic Zebra patterned coat in the markets a few years ago for £20. I wear it with shocking pink scarf and gloves. It's not real Zebra, I hasten to add In the past I've bought a 50's/60's Louis Feraud black crepe dress with velvet trim and an Arabella Pollen 80's black sparkly dress for just a pound each in Brum. The Louis Feraud dress came complete with dowager's hump I am off to visit a friend on Monday, she lives in an area of Birmingham where there are loads of charity shops overflowing with vintage stuff, we are in for a good rummage! She recently bought a vintage silk nightie for just £1.25. I guess we'll be rummaging through the undies first then Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 I am off to visit a friend on Monday, she lives in an area of Birmingham where there are loads of charity shops overflowing with vintage stuff, we are in for a good rummage! where where where???? I might have to go for a trip up there myself. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 Sadly the charity shops around here aren't up to much, but Stratford is much better pickings. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 i know... Brackley is not much better. THis is why I am on the hunt for some good charity shop places. If there are several and good, its worth the trip! Henley isn't too bad. Trying Bath next week. By the sounds of it I need to try BIrmingham too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 i did go to tesco this evening in corset, moulin rouge skirt and fishnets on the way back from my burlesque class. No one batted an eye lid! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 Banbury or Brackley Te$co? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted May 18, 2011 Share Posted May 18, 2011 brackley! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 19, 2011 Share Posted May 19, 2011 that's only a small store, I bet that caused a stir! Banbury is more size 26 leggings and tramp stamps Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
welovemarmite Posted May 19, 2011 Share Posted May 19, 2011 i thought it would, but no one seemed to notice, which i think is even more worrying! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...