Sam

Anyone tried breeding mealworms?

I got my free sample(s) :whistle::anxious: from wiggly wigglers (i think thats what they're called?) of Live mealworms and read the booklet and apparently you can breed them. I've googled it and found a few step-by-steps of how to do it. I think it's quite simple but some of the guides are really quite complex. Just wondering if anyones had any experience with this? I'm following a guide like this

We've bred mealworms for about 3 years now. It's very easy and fun to do but, unless you keep masses and masses, the yield is quite small. It's useful to always have a supply of live mealworms to hand though because sick chooks love 'em.

We do always have a supply of dried mealworms (bought in bulk from eBay) for the wild birds and the chickens for regular use and keep the live ones for a special treat.

We get loads of mealworms from the wholesalers, I think its something like £3 for the 200g tub.

I thought I may as well give it ago because I'm not really spending any money on attempting to breed them so whats to lose :D Thanks for the responses, I'll have a search and get reading :D