dance in the dark Posted May 31, 2011 Share Posted May 31, 2011 Hi, I am relatively new to all this chicken business and have never actually written on these forums before but I have always found them to have a wealth of advice second to none, so I have turned here in my hours of need. As I am sure many of you can relate to I want to get more hens, I currently have four hybrids, two speckledys two bluebelles and for my next lot would really like to get my hands on some blue egg layers. I would like to stick with hybrids really and so I am think skylines might be the most common, but if anyone else can enlighten me that would be great. So finally I get to my question which is, does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Skylines (or other blue egg hybrids) in Yorkshire or nearby. I live in North Yorkshire but very near the South, West and East Yorkshire boarders and would go to neighbouring counties so if anyone knows anywhere on the yorkshire side of Lancashire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire etc. that would also be very helpful. Sorry to have gone on a bit to ultimately ask quite a simple question. Thanks a lot! Tim Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ZoeBunny Posted May 31, 2011 Share Posted May 31, 2011 Poultry Mad have Skylines and they are based near Louth in North Lincs http://www.poultrymad.co.uk/chickens/hybrids.html & Glencroft Poultry have Columbines, which are another blue-egg laying hybrid, and they are in Hipswell, N Yorks http://www.glencroftpoultry.co.uk/hen_house.htm Hope this helps! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted May 31, 2011 Share Posted May 31, 2011 Skylines & Columbines are actually the same,I believe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
percy049 Posted May 31, 2011 Share Posted May 31, 2011 There may be someone who sells them on this website, if you can find them http://www.poultry.allotment.org.uk/poultry-suppliers/hen-for-sale-Yorkshire.php alternatively, if you do get any poultry mags, there are usually a list of breeders in the back Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 31, 2011 Share Posted May 31, 2011 Raw Green Cottages and Storrs Poultrystock Cream Legbars, which are a pure breed blue egg layer. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dance in the dark Posted June 2, 2011 Author Share Posted June 2, 2011 Thank you all for your responses. I contacted glencroft but they don't have any available for a few months, neither does anyone else seem too. I am toying with the idea of getting an araucana or cream legbar, although they seem to be at a major premium too at the moment, but really I would like hybrids. I guess I may just have to wait to be visited by the hen fairy... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hens@HalfMoonLane Posted June 3, 2011 Share Posted June 3, 2011 Is temple Hirst YO8 near you. I went to the Too Hoots garden centre there on the road going into carlton, they had quite a few different breeds and hybrids. They looked healthy enough even if some of them were due a muck out. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...