Franki

Gagging

Hi all, wondered if you could help...

I've noticed that sometimes my hens seem to gag, they are otherwise healthy so I've not been too concerned.

Anyway this week we just got some week old chicks (cream legbars) and one of them keeps gagging, I've only been feeding chick crumb. Any ideas why? Is this normal? I'm a worried new mummy :cry:

Thanks for your replies, I feel much more at ease.

I think it must just be the crop thing. They're certainly not ill, so I'd rule out gape worm. The little ones haven't even been on the grass so sure they can't have gape worm. I will keep an eye out though.

I wasn't concerned before when my wyandottes occasionally did it but was just worried when I saw a baby doing it. I'm such a novice and it takes getting used to all of their quirky mannerisms!

Thanks again for all your help.

Amy. Is an elderly bantam .she now lives in our house most of the day and has one eye ,she is pretty lively but SometimeS gags after her meal ,she has The powdered chicken food with a few meal worms ground up In the afternoon also tonic in the water not every day ,any tips on the subject Thankyou .