hammy72

I am (chicken) mad!!!

So here I am sat in the garden in my pyjamas whilst my lazy dogs and lazy husband have a lie in. This is to give the ladies some "chicken-out" time as we still haven't got the hang of all pets being in the garden at the same time. The dogs keep sticking their head through the netting and getting stuck and it makes the chickens flap. I hope for garden harmony again soon but it might involve a walk-in run...shhhhh don't tell the hubby!!!

What else do husbands have to do except make WIR :?: ..Mine took a weekend with a few mistakes on the way , like the roof not sloping and water collecting :roll: , but he was so pleased with it and I was not allowed to help :clap: . We have only a small garden with the run being 12ft x 6 ft x 6ft and it is great (I had to praise him of course and tell him what a great job he had done :) The upside of course is that when the winter comes they will be snug and you won't be out there with your mac..

What else do husbands have to do except make WIR :?: ..Mine took a weekend with a few mistakes on the way .......

That reminds me of the funny chapter in Martin Gudrons (at times hilarious) book (Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance) about how he build his WIR.

Lets be honest, its not simply a case of needing/wanting a WIR its the beginning of 'More-hens Disease"

:shock: Arrrggghhh ! :lol:

That reminds me of the funny chapter in Martin Gudrons (at times hilarious) book (Hen and the Art of Chicken Maintenance) about how he build his WIR.

:lol:

I was only looking at the book last night on Amazon - think I'll put it on my Christmas list (or maybe snneak it in to the bulk order we'll be making for son's birthday soon :roll::roll: ) :)

What else do husbands have to do except make WIR :?: ..Mine took a weekend with a few mistakes on the way , like the roof not sloping and water collecting :roll: , but he was so pleased with it and I was not allowed to help :clap:
I wouldn't mind a few mistakes! The panels for the WIR have been in the garden for the past 3 months but DH hasn't found the time yet :cry: Unfortunately, I can't put it up myself. Hammy72 hope harmony is restored soon.

Harvey the Labrador has been in the garden with me this afternoon while I cleaned them out. He didn't make any attempts to snap at them and wasn't too bothered when they ran or flapped. Am going to get him as relaxed as possible around them before introducing other dog as she reads signals from him.