Griffin

Went Out To Buy Hay & Came Home With Piggies!

Trust me :roll::lol:

I used to keep guinea pigs, I had a colony of thirteen girls all living together in a custom built, hand made rosewood two storey hutch that my ex-FIL made. They had the run of my garden during the day and were spoilt rotten :D My last guinea pig died around ten years ago. Mr Griffin also used to keep them as a child, he bred them and had at least thirty at one point :shock:

Over the summer we looked after his cousins sows while she was on holiday. Our daughters loved having them here and really enjoyed cuddling them and helping to care for them. We agreed that eventually we'd like to have some of our own. I swore I wasn't buying any and that our sows would be rescue ones.

So last week when I saw three twelve week old sows in the Blue Cross adoption area of Pets@Home I couldn't get them home fast enough :lol: The only problem is they're all albino :lol: I've always loved albino piggies, it just makes these girls a little harder to tell apart :lol:

They were quickly named Matilda, Maggie and Martha by my daughters. One of them has odd coloured ears, the others have pink ears but one girl has a rip in one of her ears. I'm a bit confused as to which is which and I'm not sure if the kids know but at least there are tiny differences. They've settled in really well and tolerate cuddles from my five year old. I'm loving having them around and making up yummy bowls of chopped veg for them.

Here's Georgia with the odd eared one, I think it might be Matilda?????

IMG_8392.jpg

Well done Griffin rescuing some GP's (as I call them) :D:D I do love them. Our current two are called Whiskey and Soda, who have just come in to live in the house as the garden is rapidy becoming a quagmire!

Good luck with your 3 GP's!

I must admit that Pets at Home is dangerous with the adoption centre as we have alreadt rescued a hamster and a rabbit!