prof Posted September 18, 2011 Share Posted September 18, 2011 Hi. Hopefully there will be a video link to click on to see a video of Pip-squeak, my 17 week old buff orpington. Any ideas? hen or rooster? She/he is next to 17 week old hatching friends. If you double click on image below it seems to work there is another video of pip on there too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted September 18, 2011 Share Posted September 18, 2011 That tail is screaming rooster to me. Sorry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
prof Posted September 18, 2011 Author Share Posted September 18, 2011 yes, thats what i thought! I thought that he would have had a much redder face by now though too.......so was a little unsure! any idea when they crow? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Patricia W Posted September 18, 2011 Share Posted September 18, 2011 Orpingtons can be rather late - 25 weeks the last one I knew Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted September 18, 2011 Share Posted September 18, 2011 I'd also say cockerel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Daphne Posted September 19, 2011 Share Posted September 19, 2011 Deffo a boy. I find crowing time varies, I've had them shouting at around 14 weeks and silent till they are about 23-26 weeks. Currently I have an 19 week old boy who tried a few attempts a couple of weeks ago but only succeeded in sounding like a hen who has laid an egg and he has been quiet ever since. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
prof Posted September 20, 2011 Author Share Posted September 20, 2011 Thanks for your help. He's definitely a lad. He's changing almost daily. One of my sons friends has a farm so he's off to his new life there. shame tho..... I'd love to have kept him I've become quite attached to him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...