ksmnet

Forum help

I don't know where else to post this, since none of the categories I could see were appropriate. I don't know what my level of membership of the forum is, but when I try and edit my signature or search the forum I receive the message that I'm not authorized to do so. I look up at the toolbar, and it shows that I'm logged in.

What gives?

You have to have notched up a few more posts before you can use some of the forum facilities. It is designed to make things difficult for spammers. :D

Well, I can certainly understand about making efforts to keep spammers away, but there should be some provision to allow legitimate members to at least do a search. I belong to several other forums on the net, and with some you have to use a captcha to make a post. I dislike those, too, but at least I can utilize the features of the forum. The only reason I dislike the captcha's is because some of them are very difficult to read.

Thanks for the replies.

I forget how many posts you have to make to be able to get the full access but its literally in single figures I think so its not a huge amount of posts to notch up

The trouble with spammers is that they get more and more crafty so its hard to spot them amongst the legitimate members sometimes

We are a very inclusive and welcoming forum honestly :D

You have to have notched up a few more posts before you can use some of the forum facilities. It is designed to make things difficult for spammers. :D

Well, I can certainly understand about making efforts to keep spammers away, but there should be some provision to allow legitimate members to at least do a search. I belong to several other forums on the net, and with some you have to use a captcha to make a post. I dislike those, too, but at least I can utilize the features of the forum. The only reason I dislike the captcha's is because some of them are very difficult to read.

Thanks for the replies.

This is something to be taken up with Omlet who own the forum, and is beyond the power of us moderators, who, it is fair to say, have to shift large numbers of spam posts every day ... some of it definitely not suitable for a family forum! :shock::lol: