Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 2, 2011 Share Posted December 2, 2011 Anyone else had this annoying virus? It popped up on OH's pc last night and I'm struggling to get rid of it. It's hard to find instructions that you can be sure are genuine and I'm loathe to install programmes without confirmation from someone I trust that they work! I've tried following regedit instructions but they didn't comply with what my registry showed . Has anyone successfully got rid of it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted December 2, 2011 Share Posted December 2, 2011 Can you contact Norton, Avast or whoever your anti virus software is provided by to get their advice? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted December 2, 2011 Share Posted December 2, 2011 Silly me - thought they were all ill Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 2, 2011 Author Share Posted December 2, 2011 Thanks, Snowberry. I use Microsoft Security Essentials - it's slightly worrying that it didn't pick this up . Anyway, I've managed to fix it ( ) by downloading a malware programme which seems to have got rid of it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted December 3, 2011 Share Posted December 3, 2011 I would format and reinstall windows (or your OS of choice), but since you have deleted it, it should be OK. If you havent backed up, back up now, just in case any more viruses etc find their way in to your PC. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...