Christian

Hotmax fuel logs

Just a heads up really!

My new next door neighbour had a delivery of these last week and gave me a few to try. They are fantastic.

http://www.ecoadvance.co.uk/firewood.php

They are cheaper than coal - around £5.60 a bag if you order 10 bags and free delivery. I think if you order more you can get a better discount. Will check with my neighbour next time they order some. 1 bag is £7...

It is made from waste material from horse bedding, no additives/rubbish at all. I really like them and they seem to burn hotter than coal. Less messy too :wink:

Anyone else used it?

We burnt Homefire eco logs in our stove last winter when we couldn't get hold of logs. They were easy to light and burnt well and not too fast, they left very little ash. We got ours from B&Q, about £6.00 a bag and throughout last winter they were on a 3 for 2 offer. We found them to burn very well in our open fire as well.

The chimney sweep was impressed with the small amount of soot when he swept the stove liner. He had been to a few properties which had been burning eco logs and was thinking about becoming a supplier as he was so impressed with them.

The plan for next year is to have another shed put up and buy them by the pallet load. Durham Heat Logs were the best price for bulk buying when I last looked at their website with free delivery. However they have now slapped on a delivery charge to our area and some parts of London :roll: so I will have to work out the costings again.

I have heard of that company. Some one on the forum told me about them when I was having trouble sourcing logs this year, I think it might have been you :D . OH is planning to order from them after christmas. We have a pretty full log store at the moment although all the logs are soaking now after losing the log store roof today in the gale force winds.