soapdragon Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 Popped into Nott cutts, Nuneham Courtney, just outside Oxford to pick up a few bits and bobs of the Christmas variety this morning and noticed an Omlet van in the car park (they do sell the Classic and Go, chickens and chickeny stuff) and, in the pet department, met Sebastian and a Qute ! The Qute does have some nice features but, having actually seen it 'in the flesh' I still think it looks more like a piece of office furniture ! Apparently they are considering a wood veneer as well as the plain white but not, seemingly, the bright colours that the Eglus etc are in. Also its very heavy - I could not lift it and I am used to hefting a nearly 4 year old around . Although we waitied for the launch of the Qute (ugggh; still favour 'Roden'!) in the end we bought a second hand cage via Gumtree for £20.00 and later saw it new in the same garden centre for £49.99 . Its in great condition and has a wheel and tube, like the Qute. Maybe not so glamorous but Fang seems to like it ! I guess what I am trying to say is that the Qute is chic, contempory (if you like that sort of things and it will fit with your decor!!) probably worth the price if you really like it but definatly not for everyone and every interior (oh, and you'd need muscles or castors if you need to move it! ) Apparently its on view all this weekend at Nottcutts, if anyone is local and fancies a nose! You could order one for delivery just before Christmas! Oh, and Sebastian was very nice, too ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 Interesting to hear how heavy it is. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 10, 2011 Share Posted December 10, 2011 Interesting to hear how heavy it is. Heavy! The first day I kind of hugged it to carry it up the stairs + struggled so it put me off 'cos with my gerbilarium its really easy to move and the Qute was awkward with it being a square box with nowhere to hold on. But then you only really need to take the tray out to clean it which is really light so was fine after that - good for kids 'cos once its there they can't knock it over Glad to hear they've got on there on display, hopefully will be stocked in a few pet shops once it catches on. Seb is nice too! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aunty e Posted December 12, 2011 Share Posted December 12, 2011 We're still dithering between a rescue bunny for Mog or a smaller furry - I have to say that the Qute is making me lean towards a small furry. What could you put in it comfortably? I'm not really planning on letting Imogen touch any pet she has, so probably two somethings that will do amusing things. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 2 gerbils would be good in it I do love house bunny cuddles though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted December 13, 2011 Share Posted December 13, 2011 Not still got your Qute have you Lewis? Blimey you little smuggler you! After seeing that similar house in P@H with you - I'd be inclined to buy that if I wanted cute critters. Not got any Degu's yet? Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 14, 2011 Share Posted December 14, 2011 Nope, had to give mine back to Omlet after a couple weeks! Friend has ordered one though after seeing 'mine' - she told Omlet and I get £10 commission! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pagesguineas Posted December 17, 2011 Share Posted December 17, 2011 I have to say I am totally unimpressed with the Qute - far, far too small for both a hamster and gerbils and has wire meshing on the top which can hurt a poor hammys feet Designed to look pretty rather than be functional, I think I can think of another omlet product like that Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...