Willow Posted December 26, 2011 Share Posted December 26, 2011 Does anyone know why Pan Am isn't available on BBC iplayer any more ? I didn't think the series had come to an end yet ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted December 26, 2011 Share Posted December 26, 2011 I think programmes only stay on BBC iplayer for one week now, which is very irritating! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 26, 2011 Share Posted December 26, 2011 We've been watching it too and really enjoying it . We've watched 8 episodes to date (ep. 8 was an emergency landing for a passenger with a suspected heart attack) but it's now stopped for a while. There seem to be 14 in the series so presumably it'll start again in the New Year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Willow Posted December 26, 2011 Author Share Posted December 26, 2011 Excellent, I saw that episode I'll just have to look out for it in the new year. Thanks ANH! I love the clothes, as a child of the 60's I don't remember it being that stylish Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lydia Posted December 26, 2011 Share Posted December 26, 2011 I think Pam Am might be experiencing a bit of turbulence. According to Private Eye: "The show, which began in America in late September, was originally announced as 13 or 14 episodes but abruptly stopped after 8, the audiences having halved. The 9th aired in the US after a 3 week gap and an actress [Karine Vanasse who plays Collette] tweeted that this seemed to be it. ABC has subsequently said that there will still be 5 more next year [in the US, no guarantees they'll be shown here]". This could of course all all be a bit of PR to get the series trending (and it worked to an extent) but certainly US audiences have been less than expected and it hasn't turned out to be the next 'Mad Men'. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted December 26, 2011 Share Posted December 26, 2011 That would be a real shame . I thought it was really good . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Geoid Posted December 27, 2011 Share Posted December 27, 2011 I think programmes only stay on BBC iplayer for one week now, which is very irritating! They have always been on iPlayer for 1 week, unless it is series catch up, where programmes stay on there for ages. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...