starboyhull

They're free

We made the decision to let them out of the run today......

Attached is a pic for you all.......I thought it would be way more traumatising for us that it is lol, they seem quite happy pecking around and nothing flying over head is bothering them......The firestation tannoy made them flap a little but thats about all :)

pict0076.jpg

Its very exciting letting them freerange for the first time. We also decided on names, Betty, Hilder and Wilhelmina......

Karl

They are Black rocks from the Mirfield hatchery in Scotland, originally.....We got them from One Stop Poultry shop in Belton, near Grantham......

The people there were really good, unfotunately due to the awful weather conditions when we got them they had picked 3 out for us, cant wait to go again to see what others they have, was a shame really cos their place looks stunning......

Karl

The house next door to us has a lovely garden I really hope they cant get in their garden....Although I would have to laugh to myself if they got on their veg patch......Or is that just wicked hehe :lol:

Ours are now back in the run, they seem quite happy just going in and out, we will see what they are like when thay are a little more confident :)

Karl

Not sure if they are the same. I'm sure someone will be along soon on the forum to advise.

My 2 Miss Pepperpots came from Omlet. Here is Henrietta (bornw/black) and Nigella who is no longer with us (she was almost completely black and had green tinges in a certain light).

100_1218.jpg

100_1167.jpg