superkitty Posted February 20, 2012 Share Posted February 20, 2012 Having worried myself about making the girls too fat (and then them having prolapses) by reading through the medical section of my Haynes Chicken manual I am now trying to find out what a healthy weight is for a large fowl Orpington. I can't find anything useful online...can anyone shed any light? I give them a sprinkle of mealworms with their 'layers pellets porridge' every day and also often mix a little bit of sunflower seeds in with it...am not planning to stop doing that for the moment, but would like to be able to Minotaur their weight and can then always adjust their diet accordingly. Any thoughts? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted February 20, 2012 Author Share Posted February 20, 2012 would like to be able to Minotaur their weight I do love autocorrect I mean 'monitor' their weight Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted February 20, 2012 Share Posted February 20, 2012 It keeps us on our toes when reading posts That was a really good one though Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted February 20, 2012 Share Posted February 20, 2012 Orp female weights: White 2.70-3.60kg Others 3.40-4.80kg (buffs will be at the larger end) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted February 20, 2012 Author Share Posted February 20, 2012 Thanks Redwing! They're both 'only' around 2.8 kg at the moment, so we've got a way to go then. Didn't realise they got that heavy, wow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...