patsylabrador Posted February 25, 2012 Share Posted February 25, 2012 I found this article amazing. The difference in their faces, they look years older in the Afghanistan pictures. I've got photos of ES there when he had lost loads of weight. link Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted February 25, 2012 Share Posted February 25, 2012 That's a really interesting study. It's the differences in their eyes in the photos that struck me - I suppose they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and in those photos you can see a huge difference in the Afghanistan photos to the before and after photos. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted February 25, 2012 Share Posted February 25, 2012 That was really interesting; the changes are quite dramatic & an eye opener for people like me who have no connection with the military. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted February 25, 2012 Share Posted February 25, 2012 That is amazing. And agree with Lavenders_Blue - it's the eyes that seem to change. A reminder of just what these soldiers go through. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted February 25, 2012 Share Posted February 25, 2012 Very interesting article- thank you for the link. Has anyone been watching the series of programmes on CH5 about the marines in Afghanistan? I am finding it a real eye- opener as I know so little about the military. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...