Luvachicken

Bird box question

I'm lucky enough to have a camera in my nest box and was really pleased to see that a blue tit started her nest on Sunday, but today when I got in I was watching the bird box from the window and a blue tit was taking stuff out of the box and dropping it on the floor. The next moment the one that had been making the nest came into the box at the same time the other one was in there. The other one flew away and the nest building one carried on as if nothing had happened.

Why did that other blue tit do that ?

It's not like it took it off to its own nest - bad bluey

Perhaps the other bird was a design consultant and was throwing out bits that were not in keeping with the desired theme :lol:

Hoping to get some blue tits in our box again this year - had it up for 3 years before it was occupied for the first time last year. We also have another sparrow/blue tit box and a robin one which have been empty up until now. Fussy birds around here !

She certainly didn't seem to mind this one in the box.

One time I happened to have the telly on it and there was a huge s"Ooops, word censored!" between one bird and another. Lots of squawking and feather flying, not nice I'm not sure which bird won.

Have been busy on here this afternoon so haven't seen whats been going on in there today.