abwsco

Baby milk

Reminds me of a ghastly doctor we had at the old practice I went to when R was a baby; I usually avoided him at all costs but this was an emergency as R had a temp and was projectile vomiting. He examined her and told me that I was just an hysterical young mother..... I was 35 and experienced with babies although this was my first. I am not the sort to panic.

Took her to A&E where she was diagnosed with a nasty infection, give ABs and was much better the next morning. I complained about that doctor.... how dare he be so patronising. :evil:

I think that you will always get good and bad whatever profession we talk about :wink: I had a great HV with my daughter - really supportive not at all patronising. I took her to be weighed regularly and she always asked if there was anything else and if I said no then she left me to it, when I had my son and had him weighed she actually told the other HV, "It's her second, she knows what she's doing!" which was lovely. My SIL had one who said they would have to keep an eye on her daughter because she was 'too long'. What on earth were they going to do? Lop her feet off? :lol::lol::lol: and that was her third child!

The only decent HV I've found is male. I've only heard good things about him from other mums in the area too. He's as mad as a hatter, but absolutely brilliant at putting minds at rest about the small things, and giving great practical advice when needed.

The rest are all useless. Including the one that scared me witless about how my DD would need trips to Great Ormond Street about her hand, as it was a bit sore where she had been sucking it. Saw Dr same day (in a bit of a panic) who gave me some cream and looked at me as though I was as batty as they came when I repeated what the HV said! DDs hand was fine a day or two later...