gazzagerkin

our new posh birds are they cream legbars ?

my first posh girls.. all new.. not sure how they will be , dead cute now and handling lots :)

is the lebar easy to catch ? are they easy to tame? eating out of hand but hard to grab hold of as they panic!

ours have already escaped the sperate day run ,we are keeping them in a old rabbit hutch till they are big enough to go in with the older girls

The leg bar is smaller faster maybe jumpier. I have them in an indoor rabbit run in the wir during colder times. A small grass run when I feel it is warm enough and clear tarp covered if want to . Right now they have all the wir. They sleep internet a carrier in a piglu . SO I have to handle them quite a bit to keep moving them. I am spending longer on her as read that lb

Can be more flighty. They were good as gold when took visitting last week .i feel the lb is more sprightly and therefore

More likely to hop climb jump out of my way.hope typing ok as on phone

These look really sweet little birds but they aren't cream legbars. Only wanted to say so that people did not think this is what cream legbars should look like.

For anyone wanting to learn more there is a brilliant website: www.cream-legbar.co.uk

that shows photos of what they should look like.

Hope this helps.

These look really sweet little birds but they aren't cream legbars. Only wanted to say so that people did not think this is what cream legbars should look like.

For anyone wanting to learn more there is a brilliant website: www.cream-legbar.co.uk

that shows photos of what they should look like.

Hope this helps.

hi ,if there not cream legbars any idea what they are?

if you look up cream legbar images they look like very young versions of some.

also here ???????????????

http://www.leighchickens.co.uk/cream-legbar

There appears to be a lot of variation in photos.????????????????

and there are other sites to the one you gave showing different images?

I have been looking cos of mine!

Maybe they will look different when they have a comb?

Still cute whatever!!!!!

Whats more I think my Welsummer looks like these cream legbars.

Wonder what my WS is???

There are hardly any 'true' cream legbars in this country. I know because I have been searching for years - we show at the highest level so we can't have anything that is not right...

Emily De Gray is the best person in the country to talk to about Cream Legbars - she has been working valiantly for years trying to breed the correct birds....

The birds in the photos have araucana blood in them - hence the tuft on their head and will probably lay blue eggs (the araucana was used to make the cream legbar in the first place)

As to what else is in there it is hard to say.

Most people in this country with 'cream legbars' don't actually have birds that would meet the breed standard but are still named cream legbars.. They are lovely birds and will be great for you and will probably lay the blue egg so I would not worry about what their breeding really is... enjoy them but realistically they should not be bred from as cream legbars - instead as a blue egg laying hybrid.

Hope this helps.

I have just had another look about and am pretty sure my 2 are what they are meant to be.(well neaer as makes no odds)

And the right way around. :lol::lol:

As long as I have girls and girls not bred to lay and lay like the ex batty hybrids I really dont care that much. :D

Although the CLB(?) does seem to be of the right character... time will tell :D

I also don't really care what colour eggs she lays :)

I do have to youngsters that are hybrids called black rock and light sussex, but I know they are not really :)

Cream Legbars do have head tufts...admittedly not as big as that though

If they are Cream Legbars then they arent very good examples of them, its possible one parent could be one of the CLB hybrids or something

I did think that when I first saw them but as I knew they were going to be pets didnt think it worth upsetting anyone :wink:

If they are Cream Legbars then they arent very good examples of them, its possible one parent could be one of the CLB hybrids or something

I did think that when I first saw them but as I knew they were going to be pets didnt think it worth upsetting anyone :wink:

I thought twice about saying something but unless we start letting people know what a cream legbar is or isn't then the breed will be lost for good. :(

I thought twice about saying something but unless we start letting people know what a cream legbar is or isn't then the breed will be lost for good. :(

no worries as you say they are pets ,they hatched from blue eggs and the supplier of the eggs used to show , the dad a clb won best in show at a local comp ,unsure of mum

Edited by Guest

if you look up cream legbar images they look like very young versions of some.

also here ???????????????

http://www.leighchickens.co.uk/cream-legbar

There appears to be a lot of variation in photos.????????????????

and there are other sites to the one you gave showing different images?

I have been looking cos of mine!

Maybe they will look different when they have a comb?

Still cute whatever!!!!!

Whats more I think my Welsummer looks like these cream legbars.

Wonder what my WS is???

hi sandy do you have any pics of your girls ?