amys garden Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 The girls are on high alert today and all because of the CRAZY wind! Poor loves have no idea what do with them selves...they are only youngens If I was on my own I'd probably bring them in to the kitchen HaHa I know they dont need me to and it wouldn't be good for them... Anyone else's girls going dotty in this Mad so-called-summer weather? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gertie Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 Poor new babies! They really are getting their feathers ruffled! I feel sorry for my chickens too. They've got a rain cover on the coop and run, and the whole lot is bricked around the base...so hopefully it's not going to fly off. I got 3 new hens on Wednesday. Its been torrential since then. They keep getting showered with pine needles & elderflower from the trees nearby!! Invite them in!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 Mine are in the run today; if I left the door open they'd not come out in this weather anyhow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gertie Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 My older hens would defo come out. They stood out in the torrential rain yesterday. I had to entice them into the greenhouse to dry off...I started to wonder if they were a bit dim!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
amys garden Posted June 8, 2012 Author Share Posted June 8, 2012 My crazy girls come out of thier house in the morning and that's it! No matter what the weather Unlles thier laying they stay out in thier free range area all day! Ours are extreamly dim about the weather They don't seem to be programmed to know what to do Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Margaret Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 My poor Girlies are at chicken boot camp, as we are off on holiday tomorrow. So Peckingham Palace is empty, and they are in a home made wood coop, in a field with no cover Poor loves, Scarey Farmers Wife, thinks I am mad, because they 'they are only Chickens' Hope they love me lots when I get back and put them back in their lovely covered WIR. Sorry to say but hope the weather is wet next week as oldest son will forget to water the garden. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cluckingmad Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 Our girls have all gone off lay! Not a happy bunny, gonna have to BUY eggs... going to be having some fairly firm words with the Ladies tomorrow... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
munkee1965 Posted June 8, 2012 Share Posted June 8, 2012 MIne are soaked through. They have a lean to shelter and the eglu is up on a "table" so they can get under there but they seem to prefer not to and are drenched. There's more water in their glug now than what I put in it this morning. I did mention it to OH about letting them go in the garage but got a VERY firm NO. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 11, 2012 Share Posted June 11, 2012 Do they not haver any cover on the run? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...