Paola

Sad Hen :0(

We lost poor Cookie during the night on Sunday :cry: I found her dead in the eglu on Monday morning. I had taken her to the vet on Sunday as she couldn't breath. She was fine on Saturday, no sign of illness that I could see. I think the vet was surprised that I was prepared to pay the £106 emergency appointment fee for a hen. I explained when I saw him that she was part of the family. She has left behind Pixie, who is not a happy chook. She was calling for her early hours of Tuesday morning and keeps on popping into the eglu to look for her. She only usually goes into the eglu to lay her eggs and to sleep at night. Its heartbreaking watching her :cry: On the plus side, I have ordered a run extension to arrive on Friday and I hope to pick up 2 companions for her on Saturday 8)

Oh that's so sad but nice for Pixie to have some new friends.

I have a poorly girl at the moment, my vet bill was £86, I know some people think that's mad but she is part of the family and I would feel awful if I didn't do my best. Waiting for sample results at the mo with bated breath.

Good luck with your new girls.

Poor little lady :( So sorry you lost one of your girls, its always horrible when one goes... we lost three in quick succession to a viral illness recently, it was awful knowing there wasn't much we could do other than look after them as best we could... our vets totally understand our love of the hens, one of the vets actually phoned on her day off to check on how the girls were xx