Rabbieboy

My new Cube is coming tomorrow.

Its a pity I won't be home for anther 1 1/2 weeks to see it. My partner is excited enough but the neighbour over the road is like a little kid, she is going to be the "Godmother" to one of the chooks and we are letting her give her new girl a name.

How exciting, but how awful not to get to see it for a week! :shock: What colour are you getting, and what type of chooks? I can't speak highly enough of the cube although I've nothing to compare it to, I hope the rain stays away and pictures please!! :wink::lol::lol:

Mrs Bertie

How exciting, but how awful not to get to see it for a week! :shock: What colour are you getting, and what type of chooks? I can't speak highly enough of the cube although I've nothing to compare it to, I hope the rain stays away and pictures please!! :wink::lol::lol:

Mrs Bertie

It a green cube, I tried to convince my partner to go for orange but as she is the one who will be dealing with it most of the time I thought it best to agree with her, I am happy to go with green. I have a Gingernut Ranger and a Miss Pepperpot being delivered at the same time but when I get home on leave we are going on a chook hunt to find some different breeds. I like Marans and Barred Plymouth Rocks.

A friend of mine who lives in Scotland (I'm from Central Scotland originally) has 2 Japanese Quail that he is giving to me for free and I hope to get them to mix with my new lot. My friend has about 15 hens at his Free range pig farm and he kept them together until Mr Fox got 4 of the 6 quails he had. If they can't be mixed together I may have to get an Eglu... :roll::roll::roll:

I've got a green one, it's lovely and the girls love it. They see to enjoy going up the ladder. I've let them free range at the bottom of the garden and they have the best of both worlds now. Big house, run and the garden :D

Let us know what you think when it comes :D:D:D

BBx

Great news :dance:

I bet you are so excited you could POP! :lol:

I just finished called home to tell the OH that it was on the way and my neighbour was in at the time, she is the one about to pop I think. The two of them have the red wine flowing to celebrate. :roll: Women and wine, any old excuse.

I'll just have to be content withe my free range Shetland hens eggs for a week or so yet. :(

Lovely girls.

Have they got names yet?

No not yet. The neighbour over the road is going be mum to one of them so when she makes up her mind which one she wants we will decide on names. I will be home in 10 days and we plan to go hen hunting for a few more.

A quick pic.Henhouse0022.jpg

We were going to keep the Cube outside the main garden on a spare bit of grass but the boss has decided that it will now go in the garden. I'll have to take the new fence down to get it in there

My partner let our 10 month old Springer Spaniel have a little look at the hens today, she growled, barked, her hackles went up ..... and then she ran away. The hens just carried on as normal.

Edited by Guest