good_egg

too excited!

I'm going up to get two new girls tomorrow morning and today cannot go quick enough! Seriously, make it go quicker! Touch wood everything is fine with my current two - Coco doesn't seem to have a swollen tummy, just quite warm, but she is still bald there from her broody attempt and even though she is no longer attempting to sit on nest I think this is the problem. Lulu is still insane.... All normal (ish) - bring on the newbies. :dance::dance:

Woo hoo! I am going to be getting some new youngsters soon so I know how exciting it all is! I would like a few more eggs daily really .

I have two oldies aged 3 and a half in a 'retirement walk in run', one of which (a speckledy named Lupin) still lays most days when not in one of her frequent broody phases... The other, Honeysuckle an Amber, changed from being a laying female to a male :roll: . She had a limp for a couple of days, at around 9 months old, which just went away again. She then stopped laying and turned into a male. No crowing thankfully but she looks just like a cockerel :shock: He/she has been freeloading ever since, for a few years! Oh well...

I will be getting 3 hybrids but unsure what ones to choose yet. I have an empty cube and 3m run awaiting. might order another metre extension first, if I can be patient. :wink:

Look forward to hearing about your new arrivals (and seeing pics hopefully). xxx

Oh, both ducks are moulting so no eggs from them at the moment either. :roll: xxx

I hope you have lots of fun and enjoy getting some more girls :)

Looking forward to finding out what you bring home!

I went to the poultry farm today and saw some gorgeous millefluer pekin chicks - awww! If only I had the room (and the current chooks weren't causing me to pull my hair out with their antics :lol:)

x

Highs and lows today! We have two gorgeous new hens. Vera - a gold lace Wyandotte and Chloe a buff Sussex. They are so cute but are a good bit smaller than our current girls. We have had them in the omlet netting all day and our top girl Coco has been absolutely fine. Lulu however our welsummer who is pol is a bully. She runs up to coco and pecks her but that seems fairer. She does it to our new babies and they are so traumatised they stick their heads right through the netting. It's been quite a traumatic day! In between times an uneasy truce breaks out but I am dreading them all being in the cube run together as there is much less space to run and hide. :cry:

I have every sympathy cos I'm having to watch my wyandotte skirt around the run and hide under coop to get away from our bully girl. We got our first chickens just 3 days ago and poor old Hetty has spent most of the time alone and under the coop. The moment Florence looks at her she mews like a cat and disappears. Not sure what I can do. She has places to hide and does get out to feed and drink and i try and give her her own share of corn. Good luck, hope they sort things out peacefully :pray: xxx

After some tears from an over emotional chicken mummy we fenced off the area under the cube with plastic plant netting and let our new girls have a safe area. We have also put the same plastic netting over the nest box hole and our babies are safely tucked in there. Had a wonderful cuddle with the newbies before I tucked them up, they are so tame. OH is proper annoyed with Lulu for bullying, he would quite happily give her away. Eek. :? Am planning to let them all out again tomorrow segregated while I go get some new food and some fixings for the plastic netting which will be in place permanently while I am at work. I'm then going to let them all out to FR together in the omlet netting.

Wannabe smallholder - hoping your girls settle down. Loved your first post about your Wyandotte circling your legs. So cute! Good luck.