Got a shock this morning when I received a phone call advising a delivery date of next week :shock:

Just means I've got to repair my fencing this weekend.

Kids are really excited and have decided to wait until the girls arrive so they can be given appropriate names.

I'm looking for a bit of advice now, I have a section of fencing that is just over five foot high, will this be high enough or have I got more work to do ?

Will upload photos next week when they arrive :D

JJ

My fence varys from 5ft to 6ft. So far I have not had any escapes. Even though I'm keeping a close eye on Toffee. She loves to fly. :roll: Unless you want to get it done before they come I would say see how it goes. :D

I have read on this forum of chickens getting over 8ft fences :shock:

Look forward to seeing the photos :lol:

:D:D:D:D

One of my old Bluebelle was a 'flyer' and she would regularly fly to the top of the 8 foot fence, as a stop-off on her way to next doors grass!

Glad to hear about the delivery date. Are you getting the chickens from Omlet too, because if so, they will clip one wing for you when they arrive (if you want them to that is).

Before mine came I patched up the lower holes in my fences and put chicken wire on my metal gate. Also I moved the compost bin away from the fence so that they wouldn't hope onto that and use it as a launch pad to get over the fence.

Hi Jamjar - just spotted your post from last week. Have your girls arrived now? Is this the first time you've kept chickens? I'd be really interested to hear how your first few days go :-) Good Luck! ! !

Hi The girls will be arrivinf tomorrow at about 10 am !!! The kids are as excited as me, and will be naming them based on the personality yhe chooks display here on day one.

This is my first time keeping chickens, I have been converted by a friend who always visits with fresh eggs. Just can't eggs as good as these, so I thought I'd have a go myself.

I'll let you know how we all get on tomorrow evening.

JJ

hi i hope the weather stays fine for your arrivals

our 2 girls arrived last tuesday i have already let them run around the garden and they keep us amused, they are so funny they follow you around and try to get in the kitchen

i am sure you and your children will enjoy your new friends

sarah

Hi All

Girls have arrived and are settling in to their new home. Having a few camera issues at the moment but will upload as soon as I found what my 1 year old has done with the lead.

Needless to say everyone here has instantly fallen in love with them.

Roger from Omlet was a star when he delivered everything !!!

Just waiting for the first egg now !

JJ