Spinning Top

Run that past me again?

We spent a wonderful few days (about 9 years ago now!) wandering round the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. We did the obligatory 1.00pm gun firing at the castle and the chap who did the firing gave a preamble about the history of it etc and said that the most often asked question was 'What time do you fire the 1.00pm gun?' Apparently there is even a book called that in the castle bookshop! :shock::lol:

I remember a trip to the New Forest some years ago, watching a herd of ponies trotting across the grass when a man turned to me and my companions and asked 'are those New Forest ponies, then?'.

My friend said afterwards we should have said 'no, they're Shetland ponies on their holidays'! :lol:

I used to work in a bakery and no end of times someone would ask for a 45p egg custard (we did two sizes 45p and 90p) and then say "How much is that?" :lol:

I quite often say daft things :roll: usually realising what I'm saying just as the words are flowing out of my mouth!