jasperaliceuk Posted October 5, 2012 Share Posted October 5, 2012 The five girls have been on Marriage's with Flubenvet since Tues but they are eating very little of it, spending more time trying to scratch up anything they can find in the run, plucking feathers and mithering to go out everytime I go near the back door. The obviously don't like it! They were fine the last time I used it. They've had no free ranging, not a single treat and thought by now they would eat it rather than starve. One of them has also not laid for 3 days and had quite a mottled egg from one of them this morning. Do I just tough it out? They are doing a good job of making me feel bad. Sue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
zakjon-98 Posted October 5, 2012 Share Posted October 5, 2012 I would leave them as they won't starve themselves. Could you mix in a bit of warm water to the pellets in a bowl to make them 'porridge'? I don't know if this would effect the wormer although I wouldn't think it would make any difference. Mine have always seemed to love warm water mixed with layers and eat it like its a treat not realising it's the same thing. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jasperaliceuk Posted October 5, 2012 Author Share Posted October 5, 2012 That's a thought! Sue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
charly1979 Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 I started mine on the same today, luckilly Fliss who is one who needs a good dose was FR so I gave her a little pile and she ate it up (well either she did or the cat did or maybe the birds yay im worming them too !!) Anyway my other 4 looked at me as I had gone completly crackers and have hardly touched it. I wont be giving them any treats etc until they realise they need to eat it all up ! They are as bad as my kids mind you Lydia Ally and Harvey are learning that if they dont eat what they are given theres nothing else Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted October 8, 2012 Share Posted October 8, 2012 If the pellets are all that's given to them...they'll eat them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
christyrose12 Posted October 16, 2012 Share Posted October 16, 2012 Could you mix a little in with their old food and then gradually increase it? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...