bluekarin Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 I am looking for a pair of thermal door curtains, would prefer duck egg blue,cream or navy, and needs to be 60"w and 90" long. I have found some on Amazon these, but just thought I'd check with the font of all knowledge that is useful (ie Omleteers) if they could recommend anywhere else I could look. The ones on Argos apparently look like shower curtains! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 Not much use but if you're handy with the sewing machine, we used to line old curtains with blankets to keep the warm in. I wonder if stitching a solar blanket between the fabric and lining would work as well and not be so heavy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted October 15, 2012 Author Share Posted October 15, 2012 Sadly I don't have any spare blankets (were all used to line under the kids pool in the garden - and were thrown due to soggy stinky end result) or curtains long enough for the two doors (front and back door) otherwise I'd do that. But thank you for the suggestion Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
angeluk69 Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 I think Dunelm Mill do door curtains, not sure how effective they are regarding thickness/weight though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
merlina Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 I bought some a couple of years ago from Boyes. (ok quality, nothing special, but ok price too) Might be worth checking out if there's a branch near you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted October 15, 2012 Share Posted October 15, 2012 I just bought a pair of curtains that I liked from Dunelm. You can always safety pin a fleece to the back of them or buy thermal linings if you can't find lined ones you like. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...