UKMARCH

Ideas for Christmas Fayre

My 13 yr ED is having a stall at the primary school Christmas Fayre and wants to make some things to sell has anyone any suggestions of what can be make quickly and easily and be a good seller, she is hoping to raise some money for an upcoming school trip. She is doing it with a friend so far they have stamped and painted cards and sewn some little tooth fairy pillows/bags but I am panicking that there's not much time left! They want to do some Xmas tree decs but would have to be fairly easy/quick to make.

Felt is quick and easy - felt Xmas tree shapes stitched together with blanket stitch, maybe with a bit of padding in between just to make them look fatter, or stocking shapes.

There are a few ideas here - salt dough is easy to make and paint, if you've got some Christmas biscuit cutters.

Felt is quick and easy - felt Xmas tree shapes stitched together with blanket stitch, maybe with a bit of padding in between just to make them look fatter, or stocking shapes.

I'm helping my grand-daughter out with felt tree decorations for a school fair at the moment and I'm not sure that they are quick enough to make to make it worthwhile :( I have to do the cutting out as her thumbs dislocate all the time and it's a fiddly job which takes me ages.....then I have to glue bits of ribbon on, sew tiny buttons or beads on and then stitch loops on......then Lauren blanket stitches them together and stuffs them........

We'll cover the cost of the materials but not any labour costs :lol:

I'm also making crayon wraps, pin cushions and pencil toppers with felt.

PS - don't bother with felt reindeer.....sewing round the antlers takes ages!

I'm helping my grand-daughter out with felt tree decorations for a school fair at the moment and I'm not sure that they are quick enough to make to make it worthwhile :( I have to do the cutting out as her thumbs dislocate all the time and it's a fiddly job which takes me ages.....then I have to glue bits of ribbon on, sew tiny buttons or beads on and then stitch loops on......then Lauren blanket stitches them together and stuffs them........

We'll cover the cost of the materials but not any labour costs :lol:

I'm also making crayon wraps, pin cushions and pencil toppers with felt.

PS - don't bother with felt reindeer.....sewing round the antlers takes ages!

I agree she did a Fayre a couple of years ago and I helped her with hanging felt birds and Scottie dogs which were quite time consuming. At school fayres people aren't really looking to spend much so hopefully I will recoup the money I've spent on the table and materials for her if nothing else. Now she's older she can do more by herself and I did say if she wanted to do it again this year she needed to sort it all out between the two of them but with it only being a couple of weeks away I think I'll have to help with some bits and get them organised and then just hope people buy them I know I would if I saw children running a stall. Salt dough is a good idea its been a long time since I did any not sure if I've got any varnish but will check failing that fudge or similar always seem to go down well.

I've been making gift tags for my preschool bazaar.

The cutter is mine, as is the tiny hole punch and the ink and stamps.

The only cost to preschool was the card. This cost 99p for 15 sheets of A4. I managed to get 13 labels to a sheet. I printed them with a festive stamp and the children have been colouring them in with some old glitter pens I have. I'm hoping we sell them for 10p each.

The ones the children coloured in carefully look lovely, as do the not so well coloured because they are younger, but I would buy them if my child had made them.

And they didn't take too long.