Mercedes55

Vax Hard Floor Steam Cleaner

I've had my eye on these steam cleaners for some time and finally bought one from JL on the weekend. Still getting used to it and there are a few things I'm not totally sure about but it is nice to know my floors are now germ free and that they dry so quickly. I have lost count of the amount of times I have just mopped the kitchen, conservatory etc and then one of the dogs decides they want to go out :x

Oh that's good to hear I too had been thinking of one,but keep putting it off in case it's one of those things,coveted for a long time but never used when novelty wears off.A bit like my bread maker . :x

I was worried about it being just a 5 minute wonder too but I think I'll be using it a lot. One of the things I really hate is mopping the floors. It's been a right pain this Winter as they take ages to dry no matter how much effort I put into wringing the mop out.

With the Vax I've worked out that if I take the water containers off the unit when I've finished and store them upside down in my old bucket I can just re use them rather than have to go and fill them each time, which saves on the detergent that you use in one of the containers too.

You can use them on carpets to "freshen" them up but no they don't clean them so if you have puppy stains you might want to use the steamer just to get rid of any bacteria. We also have a puppy and even though she is nearly 11mths old she will still pee on the carpet and I'm not convinced that just blotting it up and using one of those odour sprays is enough.

here is a link to the one I bought

I bought my steam mop from lakeland over two years ago now and it is still going strong, does the vynils , wood and freshens up the carpets wouldn't be without it...have even snook a bit of febreeze in the water for a good fresh scent in the kitchen...

Just resurrecting this thread...

I have to say that I am very impressed with Vax's after sales service; My lovely steam mop stopped steaming last week - just a piffling Pffftt of steam comes out. Tried everything - cleaned it, ran a de-calc with white vinegar, but it looked like the pump had gone. I rang them today and my mop is out of warranty as I suspected... B... U... T they gave me wonderful service, ran through a couple of fixes, which I had already done myself. Now they are sending me out another new mop at half the usual price, plus an extra pack of microfibre mop heads!!!!

So, hats off to them for excellent customer service, much better than Kitchen Aid, who could learn a thing or two form Vax!!!!