Omadawn

water of a night ??

I feed my ducks in there house as night, I always put water in because i feed them dry laying pellets, they allways knock it over .... so was wondering if I should leave it out ?

they get plenty of fresh water throughout the day

kind regards

Omadawn x

My ducks are in a stable at night so there is plenty of drainage, but when i had them in a coop they would make such a mess so i would not give them water at night. But i found that when i feed them they should have water available for a few minutes after as their stuff themselfs silly and need to wash the food down. (duck)

Hi they are fine to stay out depending on weather at 6 weeks with no food and water its not really cold now so with a nice layer of straw im sure they would be fine tucked up securely in their house they are dirty beasts so mine are all out by 6 weeks lol Leanne :)

thank you :) I've got a couple of weeks then until they can all go and join the chicken in their coop (I wouldn't want to separate the ducklings by age as they get very upset), so I assume I need to wait for the youngest to get to 6 weeks.

in the meantime do I still need to be giving them water at night?

this morning when I came down the box was a mess and when I checked they had hardly drunk any water as most of it was just the bottom of their water feeder.

If need be I could pop them out for a bit of food and drink as I go to bed-do you think that would see them through?

sorry for lots of questions haven't had ducklings before and the hens were much older when we got them!