AndreaT

Mucky bums and a possible broody

Bit of a cross over post here so hopefully it's in the right place!

All of my girls have mucky bottoms, ranging from a little to a lot. I've checked two of them this morning and I can't see any signs of lice/mite eggs and they were wormed with Flubenvet two weeks ago so I'm a little confused as to what could be causing it. Could running with a cockerel cause it? They didn't have one before I got him, he doesn't have one and his favorite is the worse. (She needs a bath really but far too cold in this wind.)

The other issue is that I've been waiting for a broody and finally this morning I think Piper is stuck to the nest :clap: I managed to check her vent feathers before she pecked my fingers off and she's only a little dirty with no sign of creepy crawlies but I'm wondering if it's ok to let her hatch without knowing whats causing the mucky bums? I've got the !gored! ready for her and I'm planning on moving her into it tonight so she'll be separate from the other.

Any advice would be great :D