sadietoo

Lakeland

Just wanted to say I returned my pressure cooker to Lakeland yesterday.id bought it about six months ago and The valve was sticking a bit in it and it really didn't work very well on our ceramic hob. Everything got stuck to the bottom. It's the first time I've taken anything back to them and they were fab. Gave me a refund on it with no questions asked. I know that it's their policy. But I'd expected at least a conversation about why I was returning it. If only more companies were like them!

Contrasted sharply with a local shoeshop. Oh bought some shoes from them and then as men do decided he needed a half size bigger. They told him they weren't available but he found they were on the manufacturers website. He returned the originals unworn to the shop the same weekend they were bought but they wouldn't give him a refund and he had to settle for a credit note. I realise small independent shops can't compete with larger stores but is it any wonder that they lose support and people shop elsewhere when they are so intractable?

Situations like that just make you feel good, don't they!

Contrasts with my experience with LG - bought a fairly expensive CD/radio for OH's 50th. It stopped working after about 6 months. I had to make numerous chargeable phonecalls, wait in 5 times for couriers while it was returned for repair twice and we lost a CD in it when they decided it wasn't worth repairing.

Now they say they MAY refund the phonecalls and cost of the CD as a "gesture of goodwill" - but only in Dixons vouchers. Which I don't really want :evil: .

Yes I agree that Lakeland are fab about refunds.

I have taken a few things back and they have no problems sorting things out.

These days I often buy quite a few cooking things in there because I know they will sort it out if there are any problems.

Anything you buy in Lakeland has a lifetime guarantee - look on their bags for the details :D

I love Lakeland and have used them for as long as I can remember!

It was great when they opened a store in our town as I do prefer to see things in the flesh. Have to say they are marvellous about returns and I've taken a lot of things back for various reasons and never had a problem. Would be lovely if all shops were like them.

I've been given 2 of the £5 off vouchers recently, only spent about £10 each time when I got the vouchers and I think they are both for use if you spend over £30 next year :D