bluekarin

Action video of my dog in the park

What a super video! Neela looks like she is having a great time :D

I really hope you don't mind me saying though, my heart was in my mouth watching her carry that stick. There was a couple of times it looked like the end was going to jam into the ground which could potentially have caused a nasty injury. Apologies if you already know about the dangers of sticks, but I know a couple of dog walkers whose dogs have had really nasty stick injuries (in one case running into several £1000s vet treatment :shock: ) so it's something I'm very aware of!

What a super video! Neela looks like she is having a great time :D

I really hope you don't mind me saying though, my heart was in my mouth watching her carry that stick. There was a couple of times it looked like the end was going to jam into the ground which could potentially have caused a nasty injury. Apologies if you already know about the dangers of sticks, but I know a couple of dog walkers whose dogs have had really nasty stick injuries (in one case running into several £1000s vet treatment :shock: ) so it's something I'm very aware of!

I just watched it again to see what you meant. It does look like it's going to jab into the ground, but honestly there was no danger of it doing so. I think the camera angle (kept going upside down) makes it look like it might. The stick was quite long, about 80cm, and the camera was on one end, so it made the stick roll round when she wasn't holding it properly. There were also 3 adults and several kids there, keeping a close eye on her so there was no chance of her getting into any perilous situations. I also don't let her play with sticks as a rule which was why making this video took almost an hour as she wasn't interested in holding the stick! I don't mind you saying about it. Just because I know of the dangers of sticks, doesn't mean everyone who owns a dog does :D

I would get one if she played with sticks. But she doesn't. This was a one off thing to try out the camera and just see what footage, if any, we could get. Plus, the camera wouldn't fit on one of those as the attachment was quite narrow and we had to thin down the edge it was attached to.