Bertie

Lone Hen

Following the sad death today of Polly one of my two hens, my remaining one Wilma is left on her own and I wonder whether anyone can help as I don't want to leave her alone any longer than can be helped.

Please could you contact me if you know of anywhere reasonably local (my postcode is DA13) where I could get hens quickly.

In the past I have always had chickens from BHWT but there is no next date listed for Kent at the moment.

Many thanks for your help.

Elizabeth

Ashamed to say my girls still alone and I have the dialema of what to do as shes egg eating. Couldnt get bumpa bit on (as suggested on here ) as shes got a wonky beak. Shes 4ish and this habit comes and goes - she has grit etc - I didnt think it was her I blamed my last hen. Now do I cull? or risk her teaching new girls bad habits? I would like to get newbies this week if poss. Bertie hope you get new girls soon.

I have one hen who is nearly 3 never eaten her eggs but while moulting she has been laying softies and eating them! She has never eaten any of the other eggs though. I was worried as brought three new girls but they are laying lovely and not eating any eggs xx hope that helps