Paddington

Arthritis in dogs

My 9 year old dog is having a problem with a flare up of arthritis in one of her legs. This is being treated with metacam but I don't really want her to be on this for very long. Has anyone had success with green lipped mussel or any similar product for alleviating arthritis in a dog?

We have had good results with a homeopathic remedy containing arnica, rhus tox and ruta.

Our dog Kia, aged 10, got to the point a few weeks ago where she became very miserable and didn't even want to get out of her bed for her morning biscuits - and she's a very greedy girl :( . Without my dad's knowledge or consent :oops: I gave her two pills a day of this remedy, which I use for Cleo-cat. A couple of weeks later, as Kia's bouncing round the kitchen with a big daft grin on her face, I had to confess what I'd done and we've now named them the "cheeky pills" as she has become so cheeky :D .

Available here http://www.ainsworths.com/index.php?node=_RemedyStore2&. I also add calc carb to help bones and joints, and sulphur because Cleo's illness makes her very itchy. If you have questions, the company are really lovely to talk to by phone or email and are very used to dealing with animals as well as humans.

Hope you find something that works.