loumabel

large dog stroller

Has anyone purchased a stroller for a Large breed of dog. My old Lab is struggling to walk distance these days and I would like to be able to wheel him to the park and let him out there for a stroll.

I can find strollers for small dogs but none that would suit a large labrador. I have also read some cruel comments online about how stupid it is to put a dog in a pram and I am worried that people may make horrible comments.

What is everyones opinion of dog strollers?

I think that it is entirely reasonable and sensible to transport your elderly dog to a place that he likes to walk for a potter around. I have issues with people that take their elderly dogs for ' a drag'. Basically dragging a dog for a walk that it is completely incapable of enjoying or enduring without pain. I think that you are going to draw some funny looks and comments is you do find a stroller of some sort and to be honest your dog may well not enjoy the enjoy the experience. There are a few online if you do a web search - Amazon for instance. They are not cheap. Do you cycle? You may be less of a target with one that attaches to a bike :D

Thanks Chucky mama, I too am not sure Ben would be thrilled to be wheeled around either but he does love going to a little beach near us but the walk to get to the beach is down a longish track and I just think if I could get him there without him walking he would be able to continue enjoying it in the months ahead.

Unfortunately, I am not a cyclist so it would have to be a stroller type thing. I had a quick look on Amazon but the only one large enough is £400 :shock: which is a bit out of my price range.

I have got a harness for him but it kills my back carrying his weight and I think it ruins his enjoyment too.

X :D