Princess Leia

Gumtree

Arrrggghhhh!!!!!!

I'm beginning to think that the world is inhabited by idiots. We've advertised a Hotpoint fridge freezer twice now on Gumtree and I can't believe how some people behave. We have had:-

People asking if we can deliver (when the ad says collection only)

People asking what the price is (when it's in the ad)

People asking whether we can reduce the price (when we've already reduced it twice)

People who say they are definitely interested then don't respond to emails or calls

People who say they are interested then can't be bothered to let you know when they change their minds.

One guy who emailed, was definitely interested, who confirmed he could pick up as he was local, left me his mobile number, arranged to come round on Sunday afternoon (so we stayed in to wait) then never turned up and now won't respond to calls or emails.

The advert is full and accurate, with photos, etc; it's only had three months use (as a backup) so is almost new. We didn't even register the 5 year warranty. We've reduced the price twice down to £120 (cost £285) just to clear the space it's taking up.

How hard can it be???

I feel your pain :roll: One wonders how on earth they get out of the house in the morning.

Seriously though; we were talking at work about how technology, and the availability of it everywhere i.e. on the go... phones, tablets. Has made us less tolerant; we expect something to be instant, and if a website is slow, we'll just go to another one. I think that it's also discouraging people from thinking for themselves :roll:

Don't get me wrong; I work with a load of IT geeks, but sometimes our lives just become too blinkered and we don't think

I always add 'no timewasters please' to the bottom of the ad then, if a numpty asks how much it it when thats already in the ad etc I just don't bother replying! Generally speaking, if someone really wants what you are advertising they will persist so I'd just ignore those who cannot be bothered to read the ad properly.

However, if I have been in a really snotty mood I have e mailed back and put 'in answer to your query, may I suggest you re read the ad?'!!!! :doh: