Valkyrie

M&S and Oakham Farm

:lol::lol::lol:

You should pop down here - the road to Alton is littered with fresh venison. Seems the locals have had enough free meat to last a lifetime because when we first moved here we were told "Ooops, word censored!"ody drives past a nice bit of roadkill - which is why you never see dead deer on the roads. It was true! Until recently - you can do a brilliant Hugh Fearlesslyeatsitall around here! I'm a bit more picky. :lol:

my Dad wasn't adverse to picking up the odd road kill pheasant when He was a truck driver back in the 40's and 50's knowing the old man probably later not that he'd have told mom that as he said when he'd been out on the road for 3 or 4 weeks fresh meat was fresh meat he spent all the war driving for the MOT through officially he worked for the coal

I guess it was a lot more quiet on the roads back then - now it's positively dangerous to stop and haul in a trophy or two! :anxious:

trouble is nowadays their always a picture in the road they've been drove over so many times

I did see a pheasant get side swiped by a car a few years back trouble was the dirty big coal truck behind me so I couldn't stop

One night I was driving home with DD many moons ago and there had been a terrible accident. Must have been deer versus lorry. Talk about slalom driving and missing body parts. DD was trying not to heave and there was me laughing maniacally and she was going NO NO NO! Dual carriageway too! Although anyone going there to pick up bits didn't have to butcher it - was already jointed. :lol::vom::lol: