Decided to move the coop a bit and redo the floor. Last time I lined the floor with bricks, which the chickens did managed to dislodge in the end. This time I lined it with these concrete sleepers (with the help of my dad :wink: )

And here is the result!

th_IMG_1503_zpso95ra9rd.jpg

th_IMG_1505_zpslqi2dely.jpg

Slightly muddy result with coop back in place and the run filled back in with dirt.

th_IMG_6408_zps5rnxuqzw.jpg

I plan to redo our run floor in the next couple of days...

It's currently turf... we replace it when it gets too scratched up/messy.

Yes they're spoilt!

This time i'm digging a trench to prevent overspill and filling it with wood chips so hopefully they'll enjoy that!

Lots here keep the chickens on woodchip. Although keeping it dry is adviced. Don't forget to add a dustbath if you go for woodchip.

I don't use woodchip, but just plain dirt and the girls love digging and dustbathing in it. My advice is not to mix the woodchip with a dirt floor. It creates a very co"Ooops, word censored!", clumpy substance.

Thanks for the advice... we dug out the run to about 8" deep, then lined it with weed suppressant and filled it with woodchip. They don't seem too bothered by it so it's staying nice and neat so far.

I should add that the run is always open during the day and they free-range round the garden :)