Well, in the Eglu Run section on the Chickens bit on the Omlet website there's a 'door self fit kit'. From what I can see you cut a section out of your run, then the kit contains something to put around the cut edges to make them safe and a door and its attachments. One of the places it's shown being used is under the Cube.

If you swipe through the photos on the product page the last one shows it being used in a Cube run and a full height WIR as well as Classic and Go.

I tend to agree though - I’m not yet convinced it’s worth getting at the moment because I can get in the Cube run and can reach under the Cube. Not easy though and a door under there could be handy - this one does look pretty small though, and asi said before I’d be concerned about losing strength in the run.

• Administrators
Has anyone used one of these? I'd find it really useful to have a door under the Cube but I'm concerned about the fact that it opens inward. Does it have to? Thanks

Hi mullethunter,

The door opens inward so that when you pull it closed, the locking loops on the door poke through the mesh of the run, ready for the door pin to slide through them and lock the door closed. We tried several prototypes that opened both inward and outward and found this to be the best combination.

The Run Door Self Fit Kit is compatible with the Cube MK1, Cube MK2, Go, Eglu Go Up and all varieties of Omlet WIR. If you have a look at the product page, the fifth picture is a useful diagram that shows some of the installation positions we tested, including under the Cube (Admittedly a MK2 Cube, but the same position works fine on a Mk1).

Hope that's useful!

Hi,

I've just got my first Eglu Classic and the lack of an access door to the side of the run is a problem for accessing fitting  feeders/accessories and cleaning.  Do the side door kits fit the Classic?  I've only seen images for the Cube and Go with the doors fitted.

Many thanks