soapdragon

Using Mazuma Mobile

ES has been kindly given a number of old and, in some cases, damaged mobile phones and blackberrys by a colleague of OH. As ES is so techie these were for  him to play around with, dismantle etc but, having wiped them, he's decided against as he is more into computers than 'phones and so now he needs to dispose of them safely and resposibly. Some of them are a bit damaged but he has looked at the Mazuma mobile website (his idea is to give anything he gets back either to the original donor or, if he doesn't want it, to the RNLI) and says that he can get up to £50 for some of these 'phones. 

I will get OH to look at it all with him and ES has confirmed that he's been totally truthful about the condition of the various 'phones but I wondered if anyone else had used this site? It all looks very easy but I'm concerned that a price will be agreed and the prepaid envelope sent but, once the 'phones get back to them, they will give him less than agreed even though he has stated the condtion. I don't know why I have this misgiving but it's worrying me...anyone had any experience of this? 

Also, if they decide it is worth less than they first offered (which is rare) they will email you first and tell you. You can then choose to accept the new offer or not. If you decide not to accept the new offer, they will send the phone back free of charge. 

Edited by Geoid
Comma splice