ajm200

Can we talk lap blankets?

As some of you know I have a lot going on atm and as a result my emotions are all over the place.   I need to be busy so i’ve decided to channel some of this nervous energy and negativity into something positive.  

i’ve found some crochet stitches that I can,  literally, do with my eyes shut and I’m going to make lap blankets to donate to charity.

Can I ask what size you blankets you think would be good to use in a hospital chair.  Too big an it will be heavy and a trip hazard but it needs to be big enough to be useful and warm.   I’m short and plump so what works for me probably won’t work for others.  The charity suggest bigger than 1m2 but that’s not much of a cover for an adult 

Edited by ajm200

There are also charities that collect knitted things for Syria. I would think square metre ok as you say if it was trailing down it could cause accident.

Also meant to add, give mindfulness a go. There are lots of online videos to watch but it very much takes daily practice and if you persevere it’s a very good self help skill to keep you grounded.